It’s the end of 2017, FINALLY, so that means it’s time for reflections and resolutions.
Last Year’s Resolutions
- Pay off my car and tackle my student debt – car is done, student debt is happening. Theoretically, 1.5 years from now my first loan will be paid off!
- Replenish my savings account – I did, but now it’s gone again because we live in the only developed nation without universal healthcare, so another goal for 2018.
- Find a side hustle to stick with – yes, but not the one I was originally thinking of.
- Track my migraines – I did, and it turns out they’re connected to sudden drops in barometric pressure, but only if it’s the second day of my period.
- Be better about taking vitamins and supplements and using mouth wash – yes, mostly. I’ve gone through almost two bottles of multivitamins and two bottles of mouthwash, so…that’s an improvement.
- Be social – 50/50. I made new friends, I let go of some old ones.
- Continue weeding out beauty and personal care items that are not cruelty free and finding suitable alternatives – yes.
- Expand my Spanish for Librarians cheat sheet to include more words and phrases – yes, but now it’s kind of superfluous.
- Back up my photos and print some for framing and scrap-booking purposes – I did back them up, but I didn’t print anything out.
- Keep up with my blog/photo blog projects – sort of. I kept up with my Clarissa fan page (so weird), but neglected my kids quote blog.
- Learn to play the ukulele – nope.
- Learn to knit – nope.
- Bike – well, I bought one anyway, and rode it all of one whole time.
- Get into a few podcasts – right at the very end of the year, yes – Your Fave is Problematic (boo), My Favorite Murder (love/hate), You Must Remember This (amazing), and Chat with Chapman (made by one of the students at Williams!).
- Gratitude Journal – yes, and I actually think it made a pretty big difference.
- Being Mary Jane
- The Newsroom
- Drunk History
- The Golden Girls
- Buffy (rewatch)
- Brooklyn Nine Nine
- Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson
- You Will Know Me, by Megan Abbott
- Moxie, by Jennifer Mathieu
- Go Set a Watchman, by Harper Lee
- You Can’t Touch My Hair, by Phoebe Robinson
- People Like Us, by Dana Mele
- Found my new passion project – information literacy and combating fake news
- Melissa Joan Hart followed Every Outfit on Clarissa
- Started a new side gig at Westerly Life Magazine
- Got defriended/blocked by two Trump supporters
- Presented with Catherine at RILA
- Found my holy grail eyeliner – Physician’s Formula Lash Booster
- Paid off my car!
- Snapchat finally recognized Figaro’s face so I can use filters on him
- New job, shorter commute, more time off!
- Nimbus arrived and after many, many months, has mostly adjusted
- 11. 5 year reunion!
- Joined a gym
- Found that Vera Wang dress at Jonnycake Center
This Year’s Resolutions
- Take more photos, and print/frame/scrapbook them
- Bullet journal
- Maintain or even improve water consumption
- Find more cruelty free products to replace what I’m using
Use less single-use plastic
- Continue curating our home decor
- Listen to more podcasts
- Read at least one book a month – and keep notes of interesting facts and memorable quotes
- Keep my car clean and organized
- Learn more about tarot and fortune telling for fun
- Keep a plant alive
- Start using serums in my skincare routine
Establish better pet care routines – like brushing weekly
- No gifts for holidays/birthdays unless they are practical or charity-based